1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
2 cups water
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 jalapeno pepper (chopped)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin (toasted and ground)
1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
2 19 ounce cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 green bell pepper (cut into bit sized pieces)
1 red bell pepper (cut into bit sized pieces)
1 zucchini (cut into bit sized pieces, optional)
1 tablespoon chipotle chili in adobo sauce (chopped)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
1. Simmer the quinoa in the water until absorbed, about 20 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, chili powder and cumin and saute until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, beans, peppers, zucchini, chipotle, oregano, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add the quinoa and corn and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.